Version Date: March 23, 2021
1. How We Collect Personal Information
You have choices about whether you visit our websites. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services. For example, if you do not sign up for an account, then you will not be able to use the text prediction application at speedwrite.com.
Personal Information We Collect from You. You provide us with personal information about yourself when you:
- Register or log in to your account
- Create or edit your user profile
- Contact customer support
- Comment on our blogs or in community forums
- Examples of the categories of personal information you provide are: Identifiers: email address, i.p. address. Commercial information: billing information, products or services purchased. Geolocation: physical location.
The categories of personal information we automatically collect includes:
Device, Usage Information, and Transactional Data. We collect personal information about how you use our Services and the computers or other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets, you use to access our Services. Some examples include:
- IP address
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information
We collect your personal information to provide and improve our Services and to support advertising and marketing. See Section 2 Use of Personal Information for additional information.
We may share your personal information with third parties as provided in Section 3 Personal Information Sharing.
2. Use of Personal Information
In general, we collect, use, store, and process your personal information to provide our Services, to fix and improve them, to develop new Services, and to market our companies and their products and Services. Here are some examples of how we use the personal information we process:
- Create your account and manage your relationship with us
- Send you records of our relationship, including for purchases or subscriptions
- Market features, products, or special events using email or phone or send you marketing communications about third party products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Record details about what happens with Speedwrite documents and predictions.
- Create and review data about our users and how they use our Services
- Test changes in our Services and develop new features and products
- Fix problems you may have with our Services, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Manage the Services platform including support systems and security
- Prevent, investigate and respond to: fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Meet legal retention periods
Other Uses. We may combine the personal information we collect (“aggregate”) or remove pieces of personal information (“de-identify”) to limit or prevent identification of any particular user or device to help with goals like research and marketing. Once such information has been aggregated and anonymised so that it is no longer considered personal information under data protection law, this Privacy Notice does not apply.
3. Personal Information Sharing
We share personal information as follows:
Service Providers. We share your personal information with other companies we use to support our Services. These companies provide services like intelligent search technology, intelligent analytics, advertising, authentication systems, bill collection, fraud detection, and customer support. We have contracts with our service providers that address the safeguarding and proper use of your personal information.
Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with sponsors of events, webinars or sweepstakes for which you register, or other parties with whom we may engage in joint marketing activities.
Business Transactions. We may share your personal information during a corporate transaction like a merger, or sale of our assets, or as part of the due diligence for such contemplated transactions. If a corporate transaction occurs, we will provide notification of any changes to control of your personal information, as well as choices you may have.
Consent. We may share your personal information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent. For example, with your consent, we post user testimonials that may identify you.
User-Generated Content. When you comment on our blogs or in our community forums, this information may also be read, collected, and used by others.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws as set out in our data retention policy and information handling standards. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal information and limit active use of it.
5. Your Choices
This section describes many of the actions you can take to change or limit the collection or use of your personal information.
Marketing Messages. You can opt out of email marketing messages we send. You can opt out of these messages by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email message. Please note that we may send you one message to confirm you want to opt out. If you are a registered user of our Services, or if you have engaged in transactions with us, we may continue to send transactional or relationship messages (e.g., signing notifications or account notifications) after you opt out of marketing messages.
Cookies and Other Related Technology. You can decline cookies through your browser settings. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
6. Children's Privacy
Our Services are not designed for and are not marketed to people under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for personal information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. If you are a minor, please do not use our Services or send us your personal information. We delete personal information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we might have personal information from or about a minor that should be removed from our system.
7. Your Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. These rights include:
You can ask that we delete/erase or stop using your personal information (and object to use of your personal information). To delete your data, please follow these steps:
1) Visit this link: delete my data.
2) Use the "request deletion of my account" button.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
Certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of personal information so that we can provide the product and Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our product and Services.
Transfers to the U.S. and Third Countries. We may transfer your personal information outside of your jurisdiction for further processing.
8. How We Protect Your Personal Information
To keep your personal information safe, we use physical, electronic, and managerial tools. We apply these tools based on the sensitivity of the personal information we collect, use, and store, and the current state of technology. We protect your personal information through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure and alteration.
9. Changes to This Policy
10. How to Contact Us